Sunday 20 February 2011

My Acne Experience

During my early teens I was quite lucky and didn't have acne, I had the odd spot here or there but I put it down to not taking my make up off properly or caining the junk food. It was during my late teens, when during a stressful period in my life I developed acne quite badly. My worst areas of acne were my cheeks. I went to my doctors and they prescribed me antibiotics and different lotions and potions but none of them worked. “Perseverance” they would say. So after about 4 years of giving everything a go and 'persevering' they decided to refer me to a dermatologist. The dermologist was great and put me on a course of Roaccutane. You hear so many horror stories about the side effects of Roaccutane but it didn’t worry me, I just wanted the spots to go! The dermatologist initially put me on 20mg for the first 4 weeks then the second appointment she bumped me up to 60mg and third month on, I’m currently on 60mg. People experience different side effects but my personal experience hasn’t been too bad; dry skin/eyes/nose/mouth, few aches and pains but that’s about it. I use oilatum face repair to help moisturise my face and blistex intensive moisturiser for my lips, that’s the best combination I have found, if any of you guys have any better suggestions, please tell me! My skin has definitely improved but I’ll be on the tablets for another 6 months or so. Here's to clear skin! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment